As England is put back into national restrictions to reduce the spread of Covid 19, the Talking Newspaper too has had to revert to lockdown mode. That means we’ll produce a monthly news summary and magazine on the first Thursday of each month until the situation eases.
Ironically, this November we were going to have practically Covid-free magazine content and, despite having been overtaken by events, I think we’ve all heard quite enough about the wretched virus and we’re not going to talk about it any more.
So we take a look at keeping healthy through winter, at the police keeping Surrey’s roads safe, at two Dorking businesses: a pet store with a 200 year history and at a much younger venture: the Gin Kitchen (where I was given a private tour…) We’ve got a poem for Remembrance and a bit of church fun. So if you’ve got that nice cup of tea to hand and you’re sitting comfortably, click the link and we’ll begin…
- November welcome & Covid Announcement
- High Street Update
- Old Soldier Remembrance poem
- Mental Health Sessions for VIP
- Talking infra-red thermometer
- Keeping well: Flu jabs & vitamin D
- British Hop-Growing
- Tour of the Gin Kitchen
- Out with the Police Road Traffic Unit
- A “weekend with the young people”
- RNIB catalogues in various formats
- Attlees nearly 230 years in Dorking
- Thought for month