To hear the latest Dorking Talking listen here.
Welcome to March and a Dorking Talking edition which ranges from Holmwood Common to Abu Dhabi and from the 1950s to the present day. We have an update on Dorking’s High Street, walk from Land’s End to John O’Groats in our local woods (yes, it’s going to be possible) and enjoy a cuppa at the Leith Hill Tower. We meet the Lord Lieutenant of Surrey and hear about the wheelwright’s ancient craft. There’s news of Mole Valley Life – the various facilities and activities that MVDC offers in support of local older people – and we also hear about some special Surrey athletes. And we’re on the move, looking back nostalgically to the Austin A30 and finding out what disabled and elderly people really think about modern train travel.
- March Welcome & Birthdays
- High St Update
- 20 Years of Challenger Magazine
- Land’s End to John O’Groats via Holmwood Common
- Wheelwright’s Craft
- Mole Valley Life
- Drive Memory Lane Austin A30
- Your Experience of Train Travel
- Time for Tea: Leith Hill Café
- Lord Lieutenant of Surrey
- Special Olympics in Abu Dhabi
- Thought for the Month: Choosing Rules